Wednesday 11 January 2012

When I arrived at the airport there were strange smells and shops, the airport was completely different from the airport in England.
      On the signs for shops and locations there were two languages, English and a pattern type of writing that i couldn't understand at all. I think it's arabic.
       In the middle of the airport there was a fountain surrounded by a garden, and a massive wall fountain that flowed to the ceiling of the building unlike the other port which seemed plain and simple.
        When we got to the centre of the airport there was a sweet stand with sweets I've never seen before and I couldn't recognise any of the writing.
        To get to the airport from the plane we had to take a bus which had no seats, so we had to hold onto string loops which hung from the ceiling. As we walked round the airport there were men wearing turbans and some of the women had their whole body covered, I've never seen people dress like that before apart from on TV. I think I'm going to like it here.

Sam Roantree.

                

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you Sam have a great stay in India And I think you will like it to!
    All the best John in a cold and snowy Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You painted a vivid picture of your experience Sam, I enjoyed reading about it. Im sure you'll have a fantastic experience; embrace all the different smells, tastes, sights and emotions evoked! Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam! I hope you're enjoying this fantastic experience! Remember to take in every tiny detail and youll never remember it forever! lots of love, Clo xxxx

    ReplyDelete